Friday, August 28, 2009

La Inspiration

Inspiration comes in many forms and many places. Sometimes in places you totally forget about. Sometimes you give yourself credit for a great idea- or in my case - a color palette when in reality you really had nothing to do with it at all!

I already admitted my original ( however embarrassing) celebrity wedding inspiration. Recently the Mr. and I recently cemented our full palette. It looks something like this:



I saw a inspiration board on Snippet & Ink that really captured our colors but not necessarily our style.



The Mr. was thinking of yellow and navy but the whole thing seemed to preppy and nautical for us. I kept returning to this bright yellow and beachy turquoise blue. I hadn't seen a lot of palettes like this on the blogs and I wasn't quite sure where I had gotten the idea. I chose to believe I was a GENIUS. A wedding planning MAVEN. Clearly the ARTISTIC one in the couple.

Flash forward to two nights ago we were invited to a small birthday gathering in Hoboken, NJ. While I am a fiercely proud New Yorker, I will confess to living three great years in Hoboken. In fact, me and the Mr. met and feel in love in Hoboken. For us it was the perfect post- college, affordable, semi-urban environment to start our "adult"lives. Its chock full of restaurants and pubs, and me and the Mr. made an effort to wine and dine at all of them. We took the birthday gathering as an opportunity to return to one of our all time favorites, La Isla, for a quick bite.


La Isla is tiny ten table and counter- top Cuban Lunchenette that consistently puts our delicious Cuban favorites as well as gourmet fusion inventions. Back in the day we could be found there four or five times a month. As we were chowing down on black beans, yuca, and empandas we noticed something familiar.






Our Palette!!

Go figure. I'm not a GENIUS. The beautiful bright colors of Cuban seeped in my self conscious like the sweet scent of plantains. Our wedding palette was inspired by a Cuban Luncheonette!

No comments:

Post a Comment