Thursday, November 12, 2009

Candlepieces



As time ticks away until the big day I am realizing that I have to slay one of my big scary dragons....centerpieces and flowers. They scare the bejesus out of me because

a. I know very little about flowers
b. I have a lot of trouble justifying spend lots of money on perishable items not will not end up in my belly!

While I haven't quite decided what kind of flowers we will be having as centerpieces, I know one thing for sure- with a 180 people and 10 table, not every table will be garnished with fresh blooms. The thought of that many centerpieces make dollar signs roll in my eyeballs like a Vegas slot machine. Instead, we will supplement un-flowered table with.. candlepiece. I always loved candles and grew up in a home where big events always equal lots and lots of candles. Plus- I think they will look great against the big windows and lanterns at Bridgewaters.

The venue provides basic white candles along the windowsills. I figured we could scatter the flowers and candlespieces. I am thinking short, fat square or round candle holders.
Or maybe something more delicate.



I also love the idea of submerged flowers in candles.



Of course, then I would need more flowers. scary.

1 comment:

  1. I...love...candles. They are so romantic and make a great statement! I am hoping to use a TON of them for the reception. I think they are just as visually pleasing as using flowers...plus they provide ambiance for the room!

    ReplyDelete