Sunday, November 22, 2009

Veils are Funny


I considered many "punny" titles for this post, but I thought I would spare you all and tell you how I really feel. Veils are funny. It is definitely the most costumey aspect of bridal wear. Maybe a hunded years ago when it was more common for women to wear hats, veils on a bride seemed more natural. For someone who never wears hats or headbands or really any other head related gear- veils are not only funny but a little scary. I have already posted about my hair issues and veils just complicate this more.

In a perfect world I would get one of those ever-so-trendy birdcage veils as they are chic and non-obtrusive.
But, my dress really doesn't call for chic or 1940's. It would seem too disjointed and anachronistic.

I know I want something that fastens lower on my head, preferably with a flower or hairpiece. These seem delicate:


But again, the don't seem formal enough for an evening wedding. This look is formal and modern:
But I do not have a cute short bob. I have lots and lots of curls and I think this look wouldn't work with my curly bun.

These are the looks I am going for now. I would also like to some how incorporate the lace from my mother's wedding veil, but more on that later.





I would still remove the veil for the reception and replace it with a flower or hairpiece. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment