Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Lessons on being a Chill Bride


How gorgeous is this shot?? We captured this shot about a mile and a half past our friend's wedding venue in Windham, NY. Tucked away into this beautiful little Catskills town, the wedding was "country" but elegant and warm. There were so many fun and person details, I failed to capture ( blame it on a poor camera and even poor-er judgment with my cocktails :). But, like I said, each wedding is an opportunity for me to get some fresh inspiration. SO what did I learn at this wedding? TONS! Here's a list of the mishaps the bride had to deal with:

1. Pouring rain- after spending months clearing out a section of woods on their property and constructing a beautiful alter our of tree branches and flowers the rain forced us under a huge tent for the ceremony and reception. Additionally, the rain made the pig roast and bar be que a little less dramatic. Finally, and possibly most tragic, all of the lawn games they had hand painted were not really usable.

2. Unseasonably cold weather- bridesmaids in halter top dresses, strapless for the bride, and guest without appropriate coverage.

3. No power- power went out during the ceremony, so no mics or music. They did regain power for the reception, but lost it right in the middle of their first dance!

If even one of these things happened to me, I would be in shambles. Or at least I think I would. The funny thing is - from looking at the bride you would think it was all part of the plan. She looked calm and chill all night. The bride and groom seemed to throughly enjoy their wedding and did not get caught up in the small stuff. I have to say- it was the most inspirational thing I could have seen. Congrats to the wonderful couple.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! I'm getting married in an outdoor ceremony and tented reception about an hour north of Windham and everything you just described is my worst nightmare! Good to know that even with EVERYTHING going wrong, the bride was still calm and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary - You forgot that our wedding cake caved in its self!!!
    All in, this most important thing for us was to be surrounded by the Friends and Family that are so important to us. Thanks for coming!

    Dan

    ReplyDelete