Saturday, September 12, 2009

September is the New May

Remember that scene in Wedding Crashers when Vince Vaughn announces that its wedding season. I pretty sure they were talking about May. Well, that scene just happened in my apartment except we were talking about September. We have four weddings in September, which basically works out to be one each weekend. Talk about wedding fatigue. Now, don' get me wrong - we love our friends and family and couldn't be happier that they are including us in their celebrations. It's just that I would never expect September to be so chock full of loving unions. The nice thing is all of my weddings have a very different feel ( and guest list so I can recycle my dress- woot woot). One of the things I love about going to weddings while planning my own is the inspirations!! Its like a blog come to life. I also study all the little details like the transportation from ceremony to reception or the order of the toasts to get ideas. Here's the four different weddings I'll be attending

1. A outdoor wedding in the Catskill Mountains- we were instructed to wear comfortable shoes, so I can only imagine what they have in store for us.

2. A City Hall Wedding followed by a dinner reception and Sunday brunch- very NYC and very dear to my heart as it is my Brother and Future Sister in Law's wedding

3. Urban and Cool wedding at Studio 450 in NYC- the bride and groom have a great sense of style so I can't wait to see how it all pans out.

4. Engagement Party in the Hamptons- Okay so this is not a wedding, but it is a wedding like function. Plus it is for my MOH and her wonderful girlfriend.

I promise to return with loads of inspiration ideas. But now I'm off to the Catskills!

No comments:

Post a Comment