Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our Bridge



Earlier in the month I revealed our weddings "theme". I thought I would begin to explain why the bridge holds such sentimental value to me and the Mr. I grew up in the shadow of the bridge and spend many nights on my rooftop gazing its golden lights and their reflection in the East River. Early on in our relationship we spent a Sunday in the Prospect Park. We decided the cap off the evening by a walk on the promenade and ice cream at the Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory when the Mr. asked

"Wanna walk over the Bridge?"


In all of my years in Brooklyn, I had never walked over the bridge. I was thrilled by the idea.
It was the Mr.'s spontaneity and willingness to take on little adventures like these that made me fall deeply in love with him. From that day on we were both enamored by the Great Bridge. We would make a point to walk over the bridge anytime we were in Brooklyn. On our first anniversary the Mr. suprised me with this beautiful illustration that now hangs in our living room.

Nothing tugs at the heartstrings like sexy artist who make things personally for you! Our love for the bridge grew as our relationship developed and soon the bridge would become the scene for one big celebration!

1 comment: