Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our Bridge Part II


I thought it would be a good time to continue the story of our wedding theme . I already shared Part I of the story of our bridge. I left off by saying, the bridge would soon be the site of a great celebration. Let me set the scene.

Early in 2008, the Mr. and I took the big step of co-habitation. We moved from our separate apartments in Hoboken to our lovely abode in Brooklyn. It was a big move for us both. For the Mr., it meant a job change and for me it was a return to my childhood neighborhood. Luckily, after a long and arduous process of combining furniture and belongings we settled in to our beautiful apartment. Many of my friends had warned me that moving in together would be the death knell for our relationship, but living together was surprisingly complication free. To be fair, it wasn't a decision we took lightly. We waited until the time was right and had many conversations about our needs and wants from our new life together. So needless to say, I was beginning to suspect big things were comming.

Flash forward to May 2008, the 125th Anniversary of the Brooklyn Bridge. The city was holding a public celebration at the foot of the bridge complete with Brooklyn's own Grucci Brother's fireworks display, red velvet cake, and a light show! We decided to go , after all we had become bridge connoisseurs. It as a beautiful spring night and we arrived earlier enough to get a perfect viewing spot right on the water. Just as dusk fell the fireworks started and I held my breath....

and managed to capture this video:



Notice anything???

I didn't think so. If watch close you will watch my fiane MISS the perfect proposal moment!! The Bridge. The spring night. The fireworks. No ring. No proposal.

Man, did I feel foolish.

See my fake smile. It is screaming disappointment and shame.

Did you feel sure you knew the big moment?

No comments:

Post a Comment