Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Not Worth The Wait- Or - How I Passed on J.Crew

So I have blogged all about my Jcrew dream dresses, and talked all about my intial visit to the flagship store in Rockerfeller Center . You must assume that my girls are the owners of one of three Cotton Cady frocks- think again.

I passed. Big time.

Let me explain. The dresses were lovely but- there was no yellow in the winter collection ! Not even a canary or a lemonade. Nada. Zilch. The bridal coordinator at JCrew hinted that I could wait to the spring, because it would be hard to believe that JCrew would not make a yellow spring gown.
I cried. I moaned. I considered mint.


I considered changing the name of the blog.But in the end I knew I wanted to stick to my original vision of yellow- for better or worse! I knew right away I didn't want to gamble and wait until the spring collection. They wouldn't release colors until the end of March - WAY too late in the year for my girls to look elsewhere if the yellow didn't materialize. Was I right not to gamble??

Yep. Check out the spring collection. Not a yellow in sight. What did I choose instead??

Here's a sneak peak:

No comments:

Post a Comment